Those tiny black dots that you see on your face, especially your nose are blackheads which can easily spoil your appearance. Blackheads could be there on everyone’s face but when they grow out of control, or you don’t know methods of controlling them, it can be unsightly. Blackheads are a natural part of our skin which can only be controlled but can never be eliminated for good. The first reaction to removing blackheads is to use our nails to scrub it off. A Big NO! Do not try to do that as it might help you in getting rid of few, but it will give birth to thousands in future. So never use your nails or any other sharp device to remove blackheads.
Here are a few easy tips and tricks that would help you control your blackheads to a great extent-
- Always wash your face twice a day. Don’t overdo it though. Washing your face will ensure that your pores are open and sebum or oil cannot accumulate there. If the skin is cleaned everyday, the number of blackheads will definitely be reduced.
- Scrub your face twice a week with gentle scrubbing creams. Scrubbers with almonds are the best. They exfoliate blackheads, whiteheads and removes dead skin cells as well. Choose a scrubbing cream which has moisturizers as it will help your skin stay hydrated.
- Take steam twice a week. Take care not to burn your face while doing this. You must be properly trained on how to take steam. Taking steam will open up the pores and will help you in easy removal of Blackheads once you wash your face. Just running your fingers across your nose will produce a number of them on your fingertips.
- Using orange peel on your face will remove the excess oil and will remove some of those black culprits as well.
- The cleaner your system is, the fewer the blackheads that will accumulate. It is advisable to drink at least 2 litres of water every day to help keep them at bay. It will also help with any constipation problem that you might have.
- Benzoyl peroxide is an over-the-counter drug that will help you with blackhead and pimple control. It is always advisable to use such chemicals under the supervision of a registered medical practitioner only.
So, now you know how these small steps will help you in keeping the number of blackheads to minimum. No one can ever get rid of blackheads completely. They can grow everywhere, on your back, arms, nose and legs, but how you manage to keep them to minimum is the key to your beauty.