Acne has a deep and long-standing relationship with the level of personal hygiene you maintain. Some people might not accept this fact, but the way you live, the environment you live in and the personal hygiene methods you follow might affect the unwanted eruptions on you precious skin.
Here are some facts and steps regarding personal hygiene that will definitely help you control acne
- Always keep your hands clean. Most people have the habit of touching, itching or scratching their face with their hands, sometimes for no good reason. This is a source of direct contamination. The unwanted bacteria and other micro-organisms get direct access to your face. So, keeping your hands clean is the best and first step to prevent acne. It may seem strange, however it is very true.
- Wash your face twice a day. This will ensure that your face is clean and is free from bacteria and dirt that accumulates on your skin micro pores throughout the day. If you have an oily skin, use an oil-control face wash. Do not over-wash your face or wash your face too many a times. It would not be helpful at all and could cause irritation. Be gentle to your skin and keep it hydrated.
- Most people who get acne have the habit of pricking or squeezing them with their nails or other sharp objects thinking that it would be gone for good. This is a big no! You can never kill the acne by pricking it, you rather help the bacteria spread to nearby pores and infect them. Moreover the damaged acne will definitely leave a spot or blemish on your skin which is really unwanted. We all know that acne can be painful and irritating at times, but this is not the right way to halt its growth.
- Try to maintain a regular bowel movement and make sure you take a laxative if you suffer from constipation. If your bowel habits are not regular then it would lead to the build of toxins in your body which would give rise to acne and oily skin.
- Whenever you sweat, make sure to wipe that off. Sweat is a breeding ground for all sorts of bacteria and micro-organisms. Make sure you don’t clog your skin pores with sweat. Sweating will in turn make the dirt stick to your face and make the situation worse for you and favourable for the unwanted pimples.
Therefore you now know how maintaining and following some simple rules will help you in keeping your skin acne-free. If not acne-free, the frequency and the number of such unwanted eruptions will certainly be reduced.