Acne is a day-to-day problem and has to be dealt with in an ongoing manner. The growth of acne depends on certain factors such as diet, weather, temperature etc. One of the major steps towards acne prevention and acne breakouts is maintaining proper hygiene and keeping clean skin with proper face washing techniques. Maintaining clean skin ensures that the oil secreted by the pores escapes freely and pores cannot become blocked. When the pores of the skin are not blocked dirt cannot accumulate on the skin, and the chance of bacterial infection is reduced. We know and understand how important it is to maintain skin cleanliness. In order to have a clean face it is essential to follow a good cleaning regime-
- Ensure that you wash your face twice daily with a gentle face wash. Do not over-wash your face as it may cause unwanted irritation. After washing pat it dry and try to keep your skin hydrated at all times.
- Make sure you use an oil control face wash if your skin is too oily. This will ensure less oil secretion and less dirt accumulation on the skin thereby preventing pimples.
- You can also use cleansing milk which is easily available at the market if you do not want to wash your face all the time. Cleansing milk produces the same effect as face wash and helps in unclogging the pores. If you have an oily skin, try and avoid cleansing milk.
- In order to have thorough cleansing, it is important to use a toner after every wash which will act as an astringent and will help prevent dirt from accumulating in the pores.
- If you do not have face wash, cleansing milk or toner with you, make sure to clean your face with pure water. Cover your face whenever possible and wipe your face periodically to ensure that dirt and pollutants do not get a chance to settle on your skin.
There are several brands of face wash, cleansing milk and toner available at the market, and the choice is your decision. If you have oily skin try to choose a face wash which has tea-tree oil as that will help control excess oil on your skin. Some face wash has exfoliating properties which ensure that it not only washes off dirt and sebum but also removes dead skin, and prevents white heads from growing on your skin. To summarize, maintaining a clean and oil free skin will go a long way to ensuring reduction of pimples and unwanted acne on your face. This not only holds true for your face but also for the rest of the body. Cleanliness is next to Godliness.