Acne can be the most unpredictable complaint. When you expect them least, they start to show up on your face and keep on increasing. You wonder what in your acne-prevention regime went wrong and you end up blaming the brand of face-wash or anti-pimple cream that you use. Well, in reality there are many things that can contribute to an unexpected acne breakout. There is an old saying “Prevention is better than cure” and this holds true even for acne and pimples. There are certain things that you can do to reduce your chances of having a pimple on your face.
These are some preventive measures that you can follow in order to stop the occurrences or re-occurrence of acne.
- Reduce the excess fat in your diet. Your diet is the main contributing factor towards the amount of excess oil excreted by the pores in your face. Make sure you have a low-fat diet and include a lot of green vegetables and fruits in your diet. This is will ensure that you get optimum amount of nutrients and micro-nutrients and the least amount of harmful fats. When the amount of fat in your diet is excessive it could lead to increased oil secretion by the pores and would lead to an acne breakout due to pore blockage. Apart from that, a low-fat diet is also good for your heart and waist.
- Before going to bed, make sure that you wash your face gently and clean it thoroughly. This will ensure that your skin micro pores are open and the oils are freely excreted and hereby reducing the chances of bacterial infection. It must be remembered that most acne develops when we sleep.
- Make sure you are not constipated. If you are not having regular bowel movements take a laxative which would clear out building toxins in the intestine and your body. If your body is free of toxins, so will your skin be.
- Drink plenty of water every day (at least 2 litres). Water intake ensures optimum blood circulation and would reduce the occurrence of acne. Water also flushes out toxic chemicals and agents from your body and gives you a glowing skin.
- Make sure you stay in a clean environment. Whenever there is dirt, pollution, smoke or other pollutants, try and cover your face. If that’s not possible, clean off your face as soon you get access to pure water or facial tissue paper. Don’t let pollution and dirt gather and settle into the pores.
If you follow these simple preventive measures, I am certain that the chances of getting acne would be very much reduced.